Seeking imprisonment of the judgment debtor?

My friend borrowed money from me for personal purpose and he refused to pay me back. I have filed a civil case against him and I received favourable judgment. Still he is not willing to pay. I have imposed a travel ban on him but he travels by providing guarantee. Is there any way to put him in jail to get my payment? 

1 Answer

According to Article 514 of the Civil & Commercial Procedure Code, if the judgment debtor abstains from the execution of judgment issued against him, the judgment creditor may request the imprisonment of the judgment debtor. The court may order the imprisonment of the judgment debtor if it is established that judgment debtor is able to fulfil his obligation based on the issued order. Such imprisonment period shall not exceed three months. by gulf times.