Issuing special power of attorney?

I am holding shares in a trading company in Qatar. A few months back I resigned my job and I left Qatar because of some personal issues. Now I could not travel back to Qatar. In my company, there are some issues and they need my authorisation to sign on my behalf for meetings. In such case, how can we give authorisation to someone for attending the meetings? What is the provision as per the company law in Qatar? 

1 Answer

According to the Article 252 of Commercial Companies Law, every shareholder has the right to attend the General Assembly regardless of the number of shares owned by him and by virtue of a particular authorisation (special power of attorney), he may authorise another partner other than the manager to represent in the General Assembly. Every shareholder shall have a number of votes equivalent to the number of shares he owns or represents. by gulf times.